From Penelope Casas, Delicioso
- 3 lb. chicken
- kosher or sea salt
- olive oil for frying
- 1 head garlic, divided into cloves, unpeeled, lightly crushed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. dry white wine
- 1 tbsp. chicken broth
- several strands of saffron, crumbled
- Cut chicken into 2-inch frying pieces. Sprinkle with salt and let
sit 10 minutes.
- Heat olive oil (it should be 1/4 to 1/2 inch deep) in large skillet
until very hot. Add the chicken and unpeeled garlic cloves, and
cook over high flame, shaking and turning pieces frequently for
about 12-13 minutes, until chicken is well browned and cooked
through. Drain chicken in mesh strainer, discarding oil.
- Return skillet to flame, add minced garlic, vinegar, wine, chicken
broth, saffron, and pinch of salt. Bring to a boil. Add chicken
pieces, and toss until liquid is absorbed.
Keywords: Spanish, Chicken, Chicken.