Roasted Vegetable Canapes with Anchovy and Olive Paste
From Penelope Casas, Delicioso
Serves: 8-10 canapes
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3/4 lb. eggplant
- 1 small tomato, halved
- ground pepper
- 1 tbs. thyme leaves, or 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 8-10 1/2-inch bread slices, cut from long, narrow loaf
- thyme leaves or parsley for garnish
- 8 anchovy fillets
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. capers
- 12 cured black olives, minced
- 1/4 tsp. sherry vinegar
- 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Arrange red pepper, eggplant, and halved tomato in a roasting pan,
and cook in 500F oven, turning the pepper and eggplant once, for
about 20 minutes, or until skin of pepper browns and separates from
- Peel, core, and seed pepper. Peel eggplant, cut in half, scrape out
most seeds, then dice pepper and eggplant. Chop tomato, removing
as much skin as possible. Mix all vegetables together in a bowl
with salt, pepper, thyme, and olive oil.
- Put ingredients for garum into food processor or mortar and mash
to a paste.
- Arrange bread slices on cookie sheet and toast in 350F oven for
about 5 minutes, or until crisp but not brown.
- Spread thin coat of garum on bread slices, then spoon vegetable
mixture on top. Garnish with thyme or parsley.
Keywords: Spanish, Tapas, .