Sautéed Frogs' Legs
(Ancas de Rana Salteadas)
From Penelope Casas, Tapas
- 1.5 lbs. small-medium frogs' legs (about 10-12 pairs), separated if pairs are joined
- flour for dusting
- 4 tbs. olive oil
- 1/4 c. minced cured ham
- 12 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 dried red chili pepper, seeded, crumbled, or 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 medium tomato, skinned, finely chopped
- 1 tbs. minced parsley
- Dry frogs' legs well. Sprinkle with salt, dust with flour. Heat oil in
skillet and lightly brown the legs quickly.
- Add ham, garlic, and chili pepper and sauté for another minute or two.
- Stir in tomato and more sale if necessary. Cook 3 minutes more.
Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Keywords: Spanish, Tapas, Frog.